IEEE WF-IoT 2019 will be hosting a series of special sessions. Special sessions feature topics relevant to the IoT community on the latest research, engineering, standards and business issues. These events typically include a mix of regular and invited presentations, including regular papers, invited papers as well as invited presentations and panels to facilitate highly interactive special sessions.
How to Submit
Each idea for proposals must include the following and should be maximum five pages:
- Special session title
- Length of the special session (half/full-day)
- Names, main contact, and a short bio (200 words) of the organizers
- Brief description of the special session including abstract, scope and timeliness.
- Planned format of the special session, including projected number of referred papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, and panel discussions.
- Potential participants including program committee members and invited speakers.
- Brief description of publicity plan
- Prior history of the special session (if any)
- Draft call for papers – For the Special Sessions, the first stage is to identify the subject matter for the session. Once identified, a separate call for papers, which will be peer reviewed, will accompany the sessions.
- Any other relevant information
- Accepted special sessions must follow IEEE academic best practices regarding peer reviews and paper publication. Accepted and presented papers will be added to IEEE Xplore and the conference proceedings.
- Special Session proposals must be marked and submitted electronically via EDAS.
Important Dates – Updated
Late Proposals Accepted Until: 15 January 2019
Proposal Acceptance Notification: 21 January 2019
Special Session Website Published: Workshops and Special Sessions will be published on the website as soon as they have been accepted.
Late Papers Accepted Until: 15 January 2019
Paper Acceptance Notification: 4 February 2019
Camera-Ready Submission: 27 February 2019
Raffaele Giaffreda, FBK CREATE-NET